The fall season is one of the best times of the year to visit Maryland’s Coast. Plan a fall weekend getaway on the Eastern Shore of Maryland for a relaxing and refreshing escape from home.
Explore the shore and the assortment of adventures to be had nearby your favorite towns like Ocean City and Berlin, MD. Whether you’re looking to squeeze in all the outdoor activities you can before the winter months or opt for fine dining, and shopping, there’s no better place to do it all.
Weekend Trip Activities Near Ocean City, MD
Looking for a place to do some back-to-school shopping? Make it fun during your trip by stopping by the Ocean City Outlets with your favorite stores and great prices. Main Street Berlin has a variety of small shops with treasures you don’t want to miss. Visit some of our favorites like The Greyhound Indie Bookstore, the Treasure Chest town jeweler, and Town Center Antiques. Don’t forget to check out the stores in Snow Hill too! Visit Sassy Girl Boutique and Toy Town Antiques for unique gifts and one-of-a-kind findings.
Parks to Explore
Worcester County has the most beautiful parks and waterways to spend time hiking, biking, and exploring. Of course, we’re sure you know the popular Ocean City beach and Boardwalk which allows dogs starting October 1st and lasts until the spring. Assateague Island is always a go-to spot for locals and visitors alike to walk on the beach and witness the exquisite wildlife like the horses that live on the island. Cypress Park and Pocomoke River State Park in Pocomoke have beautiful nature trails that are famous for the diversity of trees and birds that live there. Byrd Park in Snow Hill is another shaded and pet-friendly spot to walk along the Pocomoke River.
Farm-to-table and dock-to-plate dining are common in Worcester County with the freshest, locally grown ingredients used in the meals from these delicious restaurants. From fine dining to local favorites and quick bites to eat, here are some restaurants you have to visit!
Ocean City, MD
- The Hobbit Restaurant - Fine Dining, Farm-to-Table
- Liquid Assets - Fine Dining, Farm-to-Table
- Sunset Grille - Waterfront, Seafood, Indoor & Outdoor Seating
- The Greene Turtle - American, Bar & Restaurant, Kid-Friendly
- Fager’s Island - Waterfront, American & Pacific Rim Cusine, Indoor & Outdoor Seating
- Seacrets - Waterfront, Bar & Restaurant, Live Music, Beach Food, Caribbean, Outdoor Dining
- Blacksmith - Farm-to-Table, Fine Dining, Indoor & Outdoor Seating
- Atlantic Hotel Bistro Bar - Seafood, Fine Dining, Indoor & Outdoor Seating
- Pines Public House & Eatery - American, Asian, Seafood & Vegan Options
- Taylor’s Neighborhood Restaurant - American, Family-Friendly
- Main Street Deli - Sandwiches, Farm-to-Table
- Rayne’s Reef Soda Fountain & Grill - American, Family-Friendly, Sweets & Ice Cream
Pocomoke City, MD
- Dockside Bar & Grill - Bar & Restaurant, Waterfront, Seafood
- Red Roof Family Restaurant - American, Family-Friendly
- Don’s Seafood & Chicken House - American, Seafood
Snow Hill, MD
- Oaked 110 Whiskey & Wine Bar - Bar & Restaurant, Lite Fare
- Elliott’s Tavern - Bar & Restaurant, Live Music
A classic fall experience is spending time at a brewery or winery. Lucky for you, Worcester County has plenty!
- Burley Oak Brewing Company - Berlin, MD
- Windmill Creek Vineyard & Winery - Berlin, MD
- The Buzz Meadery - Berlin, MD
- Sinepuxent Brewing Company - Berlin, MD
- The Fin City Brewing Company - Ocean City, MD
- Backshore Brewing Company - Ocean City, MD
- Seacrets Distilling Company - Ocean City, MD
If you’re a golf lover, Maryland’s Coast has the perfect golf courses for you to take on. Enjoy tee time while overlooking the many waterways, marshes, and diverse variety of wildlife.
- Glen Riddle Golf Club - Berlin, MD
- Eagle’s Landing Golf Course - Berlin, MD
- Assateague Greens Golf Center - Berlin, MD
- Links at Lighthouse Sound - Bishopville, MD
- Ocean Pines Golf Club - Ocean Pines, MD
- River Run Golf Club & Community - Berlin, MD
- Ocean City Golf Club - Berlin, MD
- Rum Pointe Seaside Golf Links - Berlin, MD
Plan your fall adventure today on Maryland’s Coast and don’t miss out on one of the best times of year to embrace all the fun that’s waiting for you! For more getaway ideas on the Coast, check out our stories and contact us for a Worcester County Visitors Guide.